- 2 lbs bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups diced tomato with juice (sub nomato sauce for AIP)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1–2 tsp capers (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker and season well with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, and mushrooms over the chicken and mix well.
- Pour the broth and tomato over the top of the chicken and mushooms and mix well to combine.
- Place the lid on top of the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. The chicken should be cooked through to 165 F.
- Season the dish with capers, parsley, and basil along with additional salt and pepper to taste.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 217
- Fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 31.5g