- 1 – 1.5 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp honey (omit for Whole30)
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker and top with the coconut oil, and teriyaki sauce, making sure the chicken is well coated.
- Turn the slow cooker (or an Instant Pot set to slow cook) on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and either shred with two forks, or slice with a knife (I prefer to carefully slice). Top with the remainder of the teriyaki sauce and chopped green onion.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, steamed broccoli, baby bok choy, or other side dishes of your choice!
To make in the Instant Pot, either follow the instructions and use the slow cooker function, or cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Category: slow cooker
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: asian