- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp honey (omit for Whole30)
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 3 tbsp green onion, chopped (to serve)
- Prepare the sauce by whisking together the coconut aminos, broth, orange juice, honey, arrowroot starch and seasonings in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker and top with the coconut oil. Pour over the sauce, making sure the chicken is well coated.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 6-8 hours. The Interneal temperature should read 165 F.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and either shred with two forks, or slice with a knife (I prefer to carefully slice). Top with the remainder of the teriyaki sauce and chopped green onion.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, steamed broccoli, baby bok choy, or other side dishes of your choice!
To make in the Instant Pot, either follow the instructions and use the slow cooker function, or cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Category: slow cooker
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: asian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 11.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 38.5g