- 1 cooked spaghetti squash, using the oven or instant pot
- 1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage if tolerated)
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Optional- 2 eggs (omit for AIP)
- 1 cup sugar-free “tomato” sauce (use this for AIP, or a sugar-free sauce if you tolerate nightshades)
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and prepare an 8×8″ baking dish
- Using a large skillet on medium heat, brown the ground beef (or sausage) and lightly salt. Set aside, reserving some of the fat in the pan.
- Saute the white onion and garlic in the pan until lightly translucent. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Take the cooked spaghetti squash and remove the strands with a fork and place in a large mixing bowl. Use a paper towel or clean cloth to pat down some (but not all) of the excess liquid.
- If using eggs, whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl, and mix with the squash, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the ground beef, cooked vegetables (reserving about 8-10 mushroom slices), and 3/4 cup of the sauce with the spaghetti squash. Pour into the casserole dish and evenly distribute.
- Top the casserole with the remainder of the sauce and mushrooms.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with extra toppings. Use a spatula to remove slices and enjoy!
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
- Category: casserole
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 22.5g
Keywords: pizza, casserole, paleo pizza