Ground Chicken and Broccoli
This ground chicken and broccoli is an incredibly easy and delicious one-pan meal. It’s gluten-free, soy-free, and AIP-friendly.
I love cooking with ground meat! It requires zero chopping, it cooks faster than whole cuts of meat, and it’s often cheaper. I’m always looking for new ways to use ground meat, and have been enjoying this interpretation of chicken and broccoli, but with ground chicken instead of whole chicken breast or thigh.
Why you’ll love this Ground Chicken & Broccoli
- It’s easy to make! This recipe is so simple! No chopping chicken or fancy cooking methods.
- It’s made in one pan. Not only does that make it easier to make, but easier to clean up.
The Ingredients for Ground Chicken & Broccoli
- Coconut Aminos, Chicken Broth, Apple Cider Vinegar, Coconut Sugar, Arrowroot Starch, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Ginger Powder. The ingredients for the sauce!
- Avocado Oil, Salt, and Pepper. Omit pepper for AIP.
- Broccoli Florets.
- Ground Chicken. I love how fast ground chicken cooks!
- Green Onion. For topping.
How to Make Ground Chicken & Broccoli
- Step 1. Make the sauce.
- Step 2. Saute the broccoli and remove from pan.
- Step 3. Add the ground chicken and brown it.
- Step 4. Add the broccoli back and pour sauce over it. Allow to simmer and reduce.
- Step 5. Top with green onions and enjoy.
Is ground chicken and broccoli healthy?
Healthy is always subjective, but you can never go wrong with chicken and broccoli as the stars of a wholesome dish!
Can you make this recipe ahead of time? How long does it stay fresh in the fridge?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge for about 3 days.
How do you reheat this recipe?
I add the dish to the pan with a bit of avocado oil and reheat it over medium-low heat for a few minutes or until warm.
What if want a thinner sauce?
Simply add 1-2 tbsp more chicken broth if you like a thinner sauce!
What if you want a thicker sauce?
Combine 1 tsp of arrowroot starch with about 1 tbsp of broth and whisk. Add to the pan and simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
You’ll also like…Print
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion pwoder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- To make the sauce, whisk the coconut aminos, broth, vinegar, coconut sugar, seasonings, and arrowroot starch together and set aside.
- Using a large pan, heat the avocado oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli and lightly season with salt and pepper. Saute for 5-6 minutes or until crisped to your liking. Set aside.
- Add the ground chicken to the pan along with more avocado oil if needed. Season with salt and pepper and crumble the chicken until cooked through.
- Add the broccoli back to the pan and pour the sauce mixture in. Stir for 1-2 minutes to allow the sauce to reduce. See notes for adjusting sauce thickness.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with green onion.
- For a thinner sauce- Simply add 1-2 tbsp of more chicken broth if you like a thinner sauce!
- For a thicker sauce- Combine 1 tsp of arrowroot starch with about 1 tbsp of broth and whisk. Add to the pan and simmer for a few minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Stove Top
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 16.3g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 21.3g
Keywords: chicken and broccoli