The Best Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew (Starbucks Copycat)
This Starbucks copycat Pumpkin Sweet Cream Cold Brew will get you in the mood for fall! It’s dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and paleo-friendly.
What is the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew?
Pumpkin drinks always create a serious buzz at Starbucks! Whether it’s the pumpkin spice latte or the sweet cream cold brew, they always seem to get press every year… and for good reason! The Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew is made with cold brew coffee and a pumpkin-flavored sweetened cream.
I love a good pumpkin drink, but they can tend to be pretty darned sweet and artificial tasting. This take on the pumpkin cream cold brew is made with a dairy-free creamer with real pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and maple syrup instead of white sugar.
The Ingredients for the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Almond milk. You can also use coconut milk or another dairy-free milk of your choice.
- Coconut cream. This helps make the drink creamy! I like to use arroy-d which is super creamy, but you can also use the cream that hardens on the top of a can of coconut milk.
- Maple syrup. You can also use honey, but I think the maple flavor is best.
- Pumpkin puree. This thickens the cream and obviously adds tons of pumpkin flavor!
- Pumpkin spice. For AIP you’ll use this. I use this blend from Primal Palate!
- Cold brew. I tend to drink only 4 oz of cold brew at a time since it’s concentrated and I don’t do well with extra caffeine, but you can do more if you prefer!
- Ice. I got extra with this and made pumpkin-shaped ice cubes, and honestly, it was worth it for the extra fall vibes.
How to make the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew (Dairy-free)
- Make the cream. To make the pumpkin cream, combine the coconut cream, almond milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a glass. Use a milk frother to combine, or a blender if the coconut cream is more solid.
- Serve. Serve the cold brew over ice and add cream on top.
Can you make this recipe AIP?
It takes some tweaking, but you can adapt it…
- Omit the almond milk and use coconut milk
- Use an AIP coffee alternative like SIP herbals.
- Use this pumpkin spice blend.
Can you make this recipe with regular coffee rather than cold brew?
You can! It changes the drink a bit, but this creamer is still good either way.
Can you make the sweet cream ahead of time and save it for later?
You easily can make this creamer ahead of time and save it in the fridge for 1-2 days. I recommend re-frothing it before serving.
You’ll also love…Print
For the pumpkin cream
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup almond milk (sub coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cold brew
- Pumpkin pie spice, to garnish
- To make the pumpkin cream, combine the coconut cream, almond milk, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a glass and use a milk frother to combine. If the coconut cream is more solid, use a blender to combine.
- Serve the cold brew over ice and add cream on top. Stir well with a straw or stirring spoon and serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 85
- Fat: .3
- Carbohydrates: 4.9
- Fiber: .1
- Protein: .7