Baked Ground Beef Tacos (Dairy Free)
These baked ground beef tacos taste amazingly cheesy while being totally dairy free! They’re made with gluten-free tortillas and a dairy-free veggie cheese sauce. They’re paleo and easy to make AIP.
If you’re craving something cheesy but are dairy free, this recipe is about to become a new favorite. These tacos taste so cheesy, but are totally dairy-free and made without a cashew-based cheese sauce. The sauce is packed with veggies and tastes absolutely perfect in a baked taco. The edges are crispy, and the tacos are so perfect for dipping.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re so easy! Just brown the ground beef, build the tacos, and bake them!
- They’re dairy-free! Using my favorite dairy-free cheese sauce, these tacos have amazing cheese-y flavor without dairy!
The Ingredients for the Baked Ground Beef Tacos
- Ground Beef. You could use ground turkey as well.
- Dried Oregano, Dried Cilantro, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper.
- Tortillas. I use almond flour tortillas or use homemade cassava tortillas for AIP.
- Dairy-Free Cheese Sauce. Plus you definitely want extra for dipping!!
- Lettuce, Fresh Cilantro, and Avocado. All optional, but great for topping!
How to Make Baked Ground Beef Tacos
- Step One. Brown the ground beef and season with dried seasonings and crumble until fully cooked. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- Step Two. Add the tortillas to the parchment paper. Add 1-2 large spoonfuls of the cooked beef to half of each of the tortillas. Top with a few spoonfuls of cheese sauce. Carefully fold over and place baking sheet on top of tacos.
- Step Three. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and carefully remove the baking sheet from the top. Bake for another 3-5 minutes to crisp the top of the tortillas.
- Step Four. Remove from the oven and top the tacos with lettuce, cilantro, and avocado. Enjoy!!
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t skip the sheet pan on top. This helps to actually keep the tacos closed and crisp rather than opening up.
- Make it spicy if you want! If you tolerate spice, you can totally add some pickled jalapenos!
- Make sure you have extra sauce for dipping. Dipping is a must for this recipe.
Can you make this recipe AIP?
You can easily make this recipe AIP by using cassava tortillas. The cook time may vary a bit depending on the thickness of the tortillas, but it will still be delicious.
What other toppings can you add?
- Chopped red onion
- Sliced radishes
You’ll also love…Print
Baked Ground Beef Tacos (Dairy Free)
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 6 grain-free tortillas (I use almond flour tortillas, use homemade cassava tortillas for AIP)
- 1 cup dairy-free cheese sauce (plus extra for dipping)
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- To cook the ground beef, add the beef to a large pan set to medium heat. Season with dried seasonings and crumble until fully cooked. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- If using the almond flour tortillas, heat in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
- Add the tortillas to the parchment paper. Add 1-2 large spoonfuls of the cooked beef to half of one of the tortillas. Top with a few spoonfuls of cheese sauce. Carefully fold over. Repeat with all of the tortillas. Brush with oil and add a baking sheet on top of the tortillas, to keep them folded.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and carefully remove the baking sheet on top. Bake for another 3-5 minutes to crisp the top of the tortillas.
- Remove from the oven and top tacos with lettuce, cilantro, and avocado. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 18.7g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 43.5g
I enjoyed these. I wish the recipe gave an amount of salt and pepper and specified when to add it. I probably should have added it to the meat along with the other seasonings, but I forgot. I couldn’t get my tortillas (recommended Siete brand) to crisp up, the the flavor was still good. The dairy-free cheese sauce was nice and creamy! I plan to make these again.
We enjoyed these a lot! Very tasty. My son commented several times on how good they were (he helped with the sauce so had some questions about the vegetables, haha).
We did not have cilantro so used a few teaspoons of taco seasoning to replace it. We also baked for about 5 extra minutes once the sheet was removed and checked a few times until they were crispy.
Thank you!! So glad you all enjoyed!!
My kids really enjoyed this!
Yay, so glad!!
I made these but substitute the ground beef for ground Turkey and they were absolutely delicious. My boyfriend had gluten and dairy allergy and he couldn’t get over how good they were.
thank you!! So glad you both enjoyed!