Baked Ground Beef Tacos (Dairy Free)
These baked ground beef tacos taste amazingly cheesy while being totally dairy free! They’re made with gluten-free tortillas and a dairy-free veggie cheese sauce. They’re paleo and easy to make AIP.
If you’re craving something cheesy but are dairy free, this recipe is about to become a new favorite. These tacos taste so cheesy, but are totally dairy-free and made without a cashew-based cheese sauce. The sauce is packed with veggies and tastes absolutely perfect in a baked taco. The edges are crispy, and the tacos are so perfect for dipping.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- They’re so easy! Just brown the ground beef, build the tacos, and bake them!
- They’re dairy-free! Using my favorite dairy-free cheese sauce, these tacos have amazing cheese-y flavor without dairy!
The Ingredients for the Baked Ground Beef Tacos
- Ground Beef. You could use ground turkey as well.
- Dried Oregano, Dried Cilantro, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper.
- Tortillas. I use almond flour tortillas or use homemade cassava tortillas for AIP.
- Dairy-Free Cheese Sauce. Plus you definitely want extra for dipping!!
- Lettuce, Fresh Cilantro, and Avocado. All optional, but great for topping!
How to Make Baked Ground Beef Tacos
- Step One. Brown the ground beef and season with dried seasonings and crumble until fully cooked. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- Step Two. Add the tortillas to the parchment paper. Add 1-2 large spoonfuls of the cooked beef to half of each of the tortillas. Top with a few spoonfuls of cheese sauce. Carefully fold over and place baking sheet on top of tacos.
- Step Three. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and carefully remove the baking sheet from the top. Bake for another 3-5 minutes to crisp the top of the tortillas.
- Step Four. Remove from the oven and top the tacos with lettuce, cilantro, and avocado. Enjoy!!
Tips & Tricks
- Don’t skip the sheet pan on top. This helps to actually keep the tacos closed and crisp rather than opening up.
- Make it spicy if you want! If you tolerate spice, you can totally add some pickled jalapenos!
- Make sure you have extra sauce for dipping. Dipping is a must for this recipe.
Can you make this recipe AIP?
You can easily make this recipe AIP by using cassava tortillas. The cook time may vary a bit depending on the thickness of the tortillas, but it will still be delicious.
What other toppings can you add?
- Chopped red onion
- Sliced radishes
You’ll also love…Print
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 6 grain-free tortillas (I use almond flour tortillas, use homemade cassava tortillas for AIP)
- 1 cup dairy-free cheese sauce (plus extra for dipping)
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- To cook the ground beef, add the beef to a large pan set to medium heat. Season with dried seasonings and crumble until fully cooked. Drain the excess fat and set aside.
- If using the almond flour tortillas, heat in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften.
- Add the tortillas to the parchment paper. Add 1-2 large spoonfuls of the cooked beef to half of one of the tortillas. Top with a few spoonfuls of cheese sauce. Carefully fold over. Repeat with all of the tortillas. Brush with oil and add a baking sheet on top of the tortillas, to keep them folded.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and carefully remove the baking sheet on top. Bake for another 3-5 minutes to crisp the top of the tortillas.
- Remove from the oven and top tacos with lettuce, cilantro, and avocado. Serve with extra sauce for dipping.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 18.7g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 43.5g