One Pan Balsamic Peach Chicken Thighs (Paleo, Whole30, AIP)
These one pan balsamic peach chicken thighs are the perfect summer weeknight dish. It’s paleo, whole30, and AIP.
Nothing says summer like fresh peaches! Biting into a juicy peach is seriously the best. Peaches are a great easy snack and are most often used for recipes like cobbler or peaches and cream, but they can also be used in savory dishes like these one-pan chicken thighs!
How to make the one-pan balsamic peach chicken thighs
- Heat the oil in an oven-safe pan and sear the chicken thighs for 3 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and honey and stir to combine. Allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the peaches to the pan and cook for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan and spoon the sauce over the thighs to coat.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil.
The Ingredients for the Peach Chicken Thighs
I highly recommend using bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for this recipe. It adds much more flavor!
Fresh peaches add the perfect level of sweetness to an overall savory dish.
Balsamic vinegar & Chicken broth
This helps make a light sauce for the dish with tons of flavor!
Honey, garlic & basil
You can easily omit the garlic to keep it whole30, but it helps to bring out some extra sweetness from the peaches.
You’ll also love these recipes…
- One-pan chicken pesto with vegetables
- One-pan zucchini lasagna skillet
- Blackened chicken avocado berry salad
These one pan balsamic peach chicken thighs are the perfect summer weeknight dish.
- 1 1/2 lb chicken thighs, bone in
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey (omit for whole30)
- 2 peaches, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and set aside a large oven safe skillet.
- Pat down the chicken thighs and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken thighs to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side to lightly crisp. Set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and saute the garlic for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and honey, stir to combine. Heat until the mixture reaches a low simmer.
- Add the sliced peaches to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes to lightly soften.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the pan and spoon the liquid over top.
- Transfer to the oven and allow to cook for 18-20 minutes uncovered. The internal temperature of the chicken thighs should read 165 F.
- Serve with fresh chopped basil.
All nutrition facts are estimations and will vary.
- Category: one pot meals
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 12.2g
Keywords: peach chicken, one pan chicken