Ground Beef Stuffed Sweet Potato with Avocado Chimichurri
This ground beef stuffed sweet potato with avocado chimichurri is an easy and healthy meal that’s satisfying and easy to make!
Meat and potatoes are often viewed as a pretty straightforward combination, but it doesn’t have to be boring! There are so many ways to reimagine and enjoy meat and potatoes, and this dish is proof.
This ground beef stuffed sweet potato is slightly sweet, savory, and topped off with an herbaceous sauce for an anything but boring dish. It’s paleo, whole30, and AIP.
The Ingredients for Ground Beef Stuffed Sweet Potato with Avocado Chimichurri
- Sweet Potatoes. I’ve made this recipe with different types of sweet potatoes, like Hannah sweet potatoes, which are white sweet potatoes and it’s still delicious!
- Avocado Oil.
- Ground Beef. I love how beef tastes with the chimichurri in this recipe, but you can also use ground turkey if you prefer.
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Avocado Chimichurri. This sauce is so delicious drizzled over. Use my recipe for avocado chimichurri!
- Fresh Parsley.
How to make Ground Beef Stuffed Sweet Potato with Avocado Chimichurri
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven until soft.
- Brown the ground beef and season.
- Assemble the sweet potato by slicing the sweet potato in half.
- Add the ground beef over the sweet potato and top with the avocado chimichurri and chopped parsley. Serve fresh with a fork and knife.
Is ground beef stuffed sweet potato healthy?
Healthy is always subjective but considering this meal is made with vegetables, protein, and a rich herb sauce, I feel like it’s a super nourishing dish!
Can you use a different protein?
Beef goes great with the chimichurri in this recipe, but you can also use ground turkey if you prefer.
Can you use a different variety of sweet potatoes?
Yes! I’ve made this recipe with Hannah sweet potatoes as well, which are white sweet potatoes and it’s still delicious.
Can you make this recipe ahead of time? How do you store it?
You can definitely make this recipe ahead of time. I suggest storing all of the components separately and assembling them when you’re ready to enjoy it.
You’ll also like…Print
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 batch avocado chimichurri
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the baking sheet and make a small cut on top of the sweet potatoes. Brush with avocado oil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes or until soft. Set aide.
- Using a large skillet, crumble the ground beef over medium heat and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Crumble until browned. Drain the excess fat and set it aside.
- Assemble the sweet potato by slicing the sweet potato in half. Add the ground beef over the sweet potato and top with the avocado chimichurri and chopped parsley.
- Serve fresh with a fork and knife.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 27.3g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Protein: 27.1g