Honey Garlic Beef Stir Fry
This honey garlic beef stir fry is the perfect, flavor-packed one-pan meal! It’s gluten and soy-free, paleo, and easy to adapt for AIP.
Honey and garlic is one of those magic flavor combinations that always taste good! It tastes especially good in this simple stir fry. This stir fry is made with flank steak, broccoli, snap peas, bok choy, and a honey garlic sauce that’s sticky, sweet, savory and all around packed with flavor.
Why You’ll Love this Honey Garlic Beef
- It’s easy to make. The steps are straightforward and simple.
- It’s a one-pan meal. No dirtying too many dishes with this one! All you need is one big pan and a few prep dishes to make this nourishing meal.
- It’s super yummy. Honey and garlic anything is delicious, and this meal is no exception.
The Ingredients for Honey Garlic Beef
- Flank steak. You can also use NY strip or sirloin, but I prefer flank steak.
- Coconut Aminos, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Honey. To make the sauce!
- Broccoli Florets, Sugar Snap Peas, and Baby Bok Choy. I love these veggies in the recipe, but feel free to switch up and use bell peppers, cauliflower, etc!
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Avocado Oil, and Arrowroot Starch.
- Green Onions. For topping!
How to make Honey Garlic Beef
- Step 1: Prep the flank steak. Add the steak to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Top with arrowroot starch and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Step 2: Cook the steak.
- Step 3: Cook the vegetables. Add more avocado oil to the pan along with the broccoli and snap peas. Lightly salt and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the bok choy and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes or until the bok choy is softened and the garlic is fragrant.
- Step 4: Combine the stir fry. Add the steak back to the pan along with the sauce. Stir to coat and simmer for 2-3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken, and the steak to reheat.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure the beef is sliced thin! This helps to make sure the beef stays tender and crisp.
- Switch up the veggies. You can also use other veggies like carrots, bell peppers, and cauliflower!
- Double the recipe and reheat it for later. This recipe honestly goes pretty fast in my house, so double it to make it last longer!
Is honey garlic beef healthy?
Depending on whether or not you’re trying to keep your sugar lower, can color this recipe a little differently, but overall this recipe still uses no processed sugar and lots of vegetables!
Can you make this recipe ahead of time? How do you reheat it?
This recipe is best fresh, but it also reheats well. I simply store it in glass in the fridge for 2-3 days and then reheat it in a pan for a few minutes on low until it’s warm.
You’ll also like…Print
Honey Garlic Beef Stir Fry
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
For the stir fry
- 1 lb flank steak
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2–3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (sub more broccoli for AIP)
- 1 head baby bok choy, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp green onion, chopped
- To prepare the sauce, whisk the ingredients together. Set aside.
- Prepare the flank steak by using a sharp knife to slice against the grain into about 1″ bite-sized slices.
- Add the steak to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Top with arrowroot starch and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Using a large pan set to medium heat, heat 2 tbsp of avocado oil. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add half of the steak slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, and repeat until all of the steaks is cooked. Set aside and clean out the pan.
- Add more avocado oil to the pan along with the broccoli and snap peas. Lightly salt and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the bok choy and garlic and saute for another 2-3 minutes or until the bok choy is softened and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the steak back to the pan along with the sauce. Stir to coat and simmer for 2-3 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken, and the steak to reheat.
- Serve topped with green onion.
- All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Main Dishes
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 26.1g
This Honey Garlic Beef was so good! Very easy to make which is great for busy weeknights!!! We will keep this on the rotation for lunches and dinners! Today, I actually ate the leftovers for breakfast Thank you for such a great recipe!
So glad you enjoyed!!