Paleo Plantain Crepes | Strawberry and Plantain
The best part of being half Hungarian is palascinta. Essentially a thinner crepe, I used to walk around my kitchen as a toddler with one palascinta in each hand, just going to town.
I’ve tried this recipe before with bananas and it didn’t hold a candle to the starchier plantain. There were pliable like a normal crepe, but had a natural sweetness that didn’t require any sweetener… but let’s face it, chocolate is always welcome in my book.Print
Paleo Crepes | Plantain and Strawberry
- Total Time: 20
- 1 green plantain
- 1 egg
- 1 cup diced of strawberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp cooking fat (avocado oil or ghee)
- 2 tbsp enjoy life chocolate chips (optional)
- Slice green plantain into four slices. Add plantain to blender and blend until smooth (about 15 seconds)
- Add egg and water. Blend for another 15 seconds.
- Heat pan to med-low heat
- Add 1 tbsp avocado oil to the pan
- Add 1/4th of the crepe mixture to the pan
- Flip when edges begin to brown
- Cook other side for about 45 seconds
- Transfer to plate and add strawberry slices
- Roll into a crepe and enjoy!
Optional Chocolate Sauce
- Add chocolate chips and 1 tsp cooking fat to sauce pan
- Bring to a medium heat and stir constantly for about 3-5 minutes or until melted
- Top, or fill (or both) crepes with sauce
- 87 C | 14 P | 30 F
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
Thanks so much for sharing these at Savoring Saturdays, Michelle! I’ve never made plantain anything, but I’d love to try. 😉 I’m going to feature these at this weekend’s party – hope to see you there!
Thank you so much, Raia! 😀 Happy to be a part of it!