Smoked Salmon Bagel Cucumber Rolls
These smoked salmon cucumber bagel rolls give bagel vibes without the bread! They’re made with thin cucumber, dairy-free cream cheese, avocado, cucumber, smoked salmon, and bagel seasoning.
Who doesn’t love bagels? I mean, in theory, we all love bagels, but not all of us can tolerate them if we don’t tolerate gluten and dairy. But good news! These cucumber rolls have all of the flavors you love about bagels, but they’re made with a veggie wrap instead of a bagel. It’s the perfect appetizer or snack to give you bagel vibes without the gluten or dairy.
The Ingredients for Smoked Salmon Bagel Cucumber Rolls
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese. This is key to the recipe! Not only does it give it the bagel flavor, but it’s the glue that seals the cucumber rolls. I use the chive cream cheese from the brand Kite Hill.
- Cucumber. Make sure to slice thin and pat dry!
- Smoked Salmon.
- Carrot and Avocado.
- Bagel Seasoning. I like this one!
How to make Smoked Salmon Bagel Cucumber Rolls
- Step 1. Thinly slice the cucumber and pat dry.
- Step 2. Assemble the cucumber rolls.
- Step 3. Sprinkle with bagel seasoning and serve fresh.
Tips & Tricks for making Smoked Salmon Bagel Cucumber Rolls
- Make sure you slice your cucumber thin! I like to use a mandolin slicer for uniform slices, but you can also use a knife as long as you slice them very thin.
- Chill your ingredients beforehand.
- Don’t skip patting down the cucumber. Cucumber gets pretty watery after you slice it, so make sure you pat it dry.
- Eat these quickly. Since these are made with avocado, you’ll want to eat them right after you make it! These don’t keep well in the fridge for too long.
- Don’t overfill. Follow the photos above for an idea of how much to add to the cucumber rolls.
Can you make this recipe without the cream cheese?
You definitely need some kind of spread to make this recipe since that’s what helps the cucumber rolls stick together. If you’re AIP, you can try to make these with mashed avocado instead of cream cheese!
How to make AIP
- Use mashed avocado instead of dairy-free cream cheese.
- Skip the bagel seasoning and go for an AIP version. This is written in the recipe notes!
You’ll also like…
- Everything Bagel & Lox Breakfast Nachos
- Salmon Cucumber Sushi Boats
- Honey Teriyaki Salmon Lettuce Cups
- Using a mandolin slicer (or a knife) thinly slice the cucumber into thin, malleable slices. Pat dry.
- To make the cucumber rolls, layer two cucumber slices on top of each other and spread a layer of cream cheese. Add a piece of smoked salmon lengthwise across the cucumber. Add about 4-5 pieces of carrot and 1-2 slices of avocado to the middle of the cucumber and place horizontally. Roll the cucumber into a tight roll, using the cream cheese to seal shut. Repeat with all of the ingredients.
- Place the cucumber rolls facing up (with the avocado and carrot standing up) and sprinkle with bagel seasoning. Serve fresh.
- Prep Time: 20
- Category: appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 473
- Fat: 24.4g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Protein: 54g
Keywords: cucumber rolls