You guys. They’re back. When I first made my sweet potato chicken popper recipe, I fell in love fast. I was so excited to share them with the world and knew that they an amazing game day or party food that all guests would love. I shared them as a super bowl food and thought they’d run their course after football season. What I didn’t realize was that people would love them so much that they would keep making them as the perfect food for kiddos, picky eaters, mid-week dinners, freezer meals, or even salad toppers! I’ve seen so many folks share how much they love the sweet potato chicken popper that I wanted to make a variation that’s even more flavorful and delicious… Bacon Ranch Chicken Poppers. Still paleo, still Whole 30, still AIP, and even more flavor. Heck yeah.
So now, you’ve got veggies, healthy fat, protein, and that amazing ranch flavor all in one little nugget. I mean really… what more can you want?
Why These Bacon Ranch Chicken Poppers Are Amazing
1. They’re a new and improved version of the popular sweet potato chicken popper.
After releasing the sweet potato chicken popper, I heard lots of folks say that they wanted a more savory chicken popper. What’s the best way to make something savory? Bacon and ranch… duh 😉 These are made with shredded bacon and an AIP ranch seasoning that’s dairy free, and still tastes like the real deal.
2. They’re made with 2 cups of carrots, making them veggie dense!
The sweet potato chicken poppers were made with, yes, sweet potato. And these still can be, but I wanted to mix it up and use a less starchy veggie for lower starch folks and use carrots! Carrots are full of nutrients, lower in starch, and pair perfectly with the ranch flavor.
3. They’re full of healthy fat and protein
Not only are they veggie dense, but there’s a good serving of both healthy fat and protein in there. Veggies are incredibly important, of course, but the presence of fat and protein here makes them satiating and rounds it out as a full meal.
4. They’re easy to make
No complicated ingredients or instructions here. I throw all of the ingredients into the food processor and just give it a whirl, then mix in the chicken in a bowl, roll it out, and you’re good to go!
Bacon Ranch Chicken Poppers Are Perfect For…
Like I said with the sweet potato chicken poppers, these bacon ranch poppers don’t just have to be game day food!
Here’s just a few of the many ways can use them as…
- They’re basically healthy chicken nuggets for kiddos & picky eaters
- They’re great to stash in the freezer for emergency dinners
- Perfect to bring along for a work lunch
- Amazing for a creative breakfast
- Great to serve alongside some compliant ranch and sliced veggies for a party or movie night snack
So, let’s make them!
Bacon Ranch Chicken PoppersPrint
- 1 lb raw ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 cups raw shredded carrots (shredded in a food processor or bought pre-shredded)
- 3 slices raw sugar-free bacon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment
- Add the shredded carrots to a food processor along with the bacon and blend on high. You want both the carrots and the bacon to be very finely shredded. Remove the carrots and bacon from the food processor and add to a mixing bowl
- Stir in the raw ground chicken (or turkey), seasoning, coconut oil, and flour and thoroughly combine
- Roll the mixture into small poppers and slightly flatten them (you’ll have 25-30 poppers)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Place them under the broiler for 5 minutes to a crisp before serving if desired,
- Serve warm with compliant ranch dressing and enjoy!
I’m so in love with this recipe and wish I would have had it a few years ago when I was transitioning to a real food diet. It’s almost hard to believe these are totally real food, but they truly are! Not a grain, unhealthy fat, or dried buttermilk seasoning in sight. Enjoy them, friends!