Creamy Lemon Chia Pudding
This creamy lemon chia pudding is the perfect spring and summer treat! It’s made with a chia pudding base with creamy, egg-free lemon curd on top.
If you love lemon bars or lemon desserts in general, you’re going to love this creamy lemon chia pudding! It’s super simple to make with a basic chia pudding and creamy lemon curd on top. And the best part? It’s totally vegan, dairy free and egg free, making it a great option for those with food intolerances!
Why you’ll love this creamy lemon chia pudding
- It’s easy to make. It’s super simple to make the chia pudding and creamy lemon curd! It tastes much more complicated than it is to make!
- It’s packed with flavor. This recipe has the best creamy texture, plus the flavor is the perfect balance of tart and sweet.
The Ingredients for Creamy Lemon Chia Pudding
- Coconut Yogurt, Dairy Free Milk, Chia Seeds, Honey, and Vanilla. These ingredients make the chia pudding layer!
- Lemon. I really recommend fresh lemon juice! You can use packaged in a pinch, but fresh lemon really elevates the flavor.
- Coconut Cream. You can use canned coconut cream or the cream that hardens on the top of a can of coconut milk.
- Golden Coconut Sugar. I like this Golden Coconut Sugar!
- Arrowroot Starch. This works as a thickener for the lemon curd!
- Turmeric. Optional, but helps with the color!
How to make creamy lemon chia pudding
- Step One. Combine the ingredients for the chia pudding. Pour into three separate bowls and allow to set in the fridge.
- Step Two. Combine the ingredients for the lemon curd.
- Step Three. Add the lemon curd mixture to a pot on the stove and heat until it thickens
- Step Four. Pour the lemon curd over the chia pudding and allow to set in fridge.
- Step Five. Serve chilled topped with lemon zest.
Tips & tricks
- Be patient and let it set all the way! The hardest part about this recipe is waiting for it to set. But trust me, it’s worth the wait!
- Use fresh lemon juice. Of course you can use bottled lemon juice in a pinch, but fresh lemon juice will really elevate the flavor.
Is this lemon chia pudding healthy?
Healthy is always a subjective term, but with healthy fats, fiber, and no refined sugar, we’d call this a healthy treat!
You’ll also love…Print
For the chia pudding
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
For the lemon layer
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp golden coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Pinch of turmeric (optional, for color)
- Zest of half a lemon
- Combine the ingredients for the chia pudding in a large separate bowl and mix well to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes, and stir again. Pour the chia pudding into three separate small bowls and allow to sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- To make the lemon curd, combine the coconut cream, lemon juice, honey, golden coconut sugar, and vanilla in a medium pot. Add the arrowroot starch and whisk well to combine.
- Add the pot to the stove on low heat. Heat on low, whisking often for about 3-4 minutes until it thickens. Remove from the heat once the mixture is thick.
- Pour the lemon curd over the chia pudding, evenly dividing among the three. Transfer to the fridge to set for another 2-4 hours.
- Serve chilled topped with lemon zest.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 15
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 10.6g
- Carbohydrates: 27.7g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: lemon chia pudding