These loaded sweet potato tater tots are the ultimate healthier junk food! They’re made with real food paleo ingredients, but taste like they’re straight off of a food truck.
There’s something about summertime that always has us craving that nostalgic ballpark-style food! Something salty, unique, and reminiscent of what you would get from a food truck. Chili cheese dogs, messy nachos, and cheese fries come to mind. Drooling yet? Me too! Well, not so much when I’m reminded that those traditional ballpark snacks are mostly made with canola oil, soybean oil, enriched flour, factory farmed meats and so many ingredients that you can’t even pronounce! No thanks.
Well, how about we make it with all real food? That’s exactly where these Loaded Sweet Potato Tater Tots come in!
This tasty side dish is made with homemade sweet potato tater tots, an avocado crema, bacon, and fresh herbs. It’s the kind of messy, yummy food that I thought I would never be able to enjoy again… but here they are!
The Ingredients You’ll Need For The Loaded Sweet Potato Tater Tots
Sweet potato tater tots
Avocado, avocado oil, coconut cream, and lime
This makes the avocado crema! You can use this same avocado crema for my bang bang cauliflower tacos as well.
Getting a local pasture raised bacon or a high-quality nitrate free bacon is what I recommend.
Red and green onion
For some added veggies and flavor.Print
- 1 batch baked sweet potato tater tots
- 2–3 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2–3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
For the avocado crema
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Juice of half a lime
- First, prepare the avocado crema by combining all of the ingredients in a blender and blending until smooth. Add 1-2 tbsp more of avocado oil if it’s too thick to blend. Add the crema to a squeeze bottle or a piping bag. Set aside.
- Assemble the loaded tots, starting with the tater tots first and then layering on the bacon. Add the avocado crema and finish with the onions.
- Serve fresh with extra crema on the side and enjoy!