This easy cucumber salad is a dairy-free alternative to a summertime classic! It’s paleo, whole30, AIP, and keto compliant.
Roasted vegetables like sweet potato, squash, zucchini, etc. are some of my favorite foods! But when summertime rolls around, I seriously just want something light and refreshing. Plus, if I can keep my oven off and still get in some fresh vegetables, it’s a serious win.
This easy cucumber salad is a simple no-cook side dish that’s made with extra vegetables and herbs, and zero dairy! Most cucumber salads are made with mayo, sour cream, or greek yogurt, but this is made entirely dairy free and still tastes amazing and refreshing.
How to Make Cucumber Salad Dairy Free
So what do you use in this salad if not dairy? Apple cider vinegar! It’s a healthier alternative to white vinegar which is often corn derived and adds a great tangy flavor to the salad. Pair it with a healthy fat like olive oil or avocado oil and you have a really yummy base for a cucumber salad that’s entirely free of dairy. Perfect for those who are lactose intolerant, paleo, or vegan!
How to Make This Cucumber Salad
- Slice the cucumbers thinly with a mandolin slicer or knife. Repeat with the radishes.
- Chop the onion in half and slice very thinly. Combine with the cucumbers and radishes. Add the fresh herbs.
- Mix together the apple cider vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper and pour over the vegetables.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour before serving
The Ingredients for the Cucumber Salad
I like to use English cucumbers for this recipe.
Radishes add a peppery flavor to the cucumber salad along with some additional color and nutrients. You’ll only need about 2 or 3 for this salad.
Similar to the radish, red onion adds a bite and some more color to the salad.
Apple cider vinegar
This is the swap for white vinegar, which is often corn derived.
Avocado oil or olive oil
Parsley & dill
You’ll also love these recipes…
This easy cucumber salad is a dairy-free alternative to a summertime classic! It’s paleo, whole30, and vegan.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2–3 radishes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp honey (omit for vegan, keto or whole30)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit for AIP)
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice the cucumber into thin slices. Repeat the radishes. Combine in a bowl.
- Slice the red onion into thin slices and toss with the cucumber and radishes.
- Add the fresh herbs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar mixture over the cucumber salad and stir.
- Cover the cucumber salad and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving fresh.
All nutrition facts are estimations.
The photos of this recipe and all written content on my website are copyright protected and cannot be copied or shared. Please do not copy this recipe or photos and share it on your own website, Instagram, or other written materials. If you’d like to tell people about this recipe on social media, your own website, or elsewhere please link back to the recipe here rather than copy and pasting. Thank you so much!!
- Category: Sides
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 14.2g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 1.1g
Keywords: cucumber salad