Gluten Free Chicken Pesto Wraps
These gluten-free chicken pesto wraps are the perfect lunch on the go! They’re made with grain-free tortillas, perfectly seasoned chicken, arugula, and pesto. They’re paleo and easy to make AIP.
Lunch on the go can be a challenge when you’re gluten-free, but it doesn’t have to be! These gluten-free chicken pesto wraps are like snack wraps made with all high-quality ingredients. They’re filling, easy to make with minimal ingredients, and super yummy! Pack it up in Tupperware with some fruit and other sides of your choice for the perfect work lunch.
The Ingredients for the Gluten-Free Chicken Pesto Wraps
- Chicken Breast. You can also use chicken thighs if you’d like!
- Grain-Free Tortillas. I use almond flour tortillas from Siete, but you can use any tortillas of your choice.
- Pesto. You can use my nut-free pesto for AIP!
- Arugula. You can also use spinach if you’d prefer.
- Dried Basil, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Parsley, Oregano, Salt, and Pepper. These form the seasoning blend to coat the chicken.
- Olive Oil and Lemon Juice.
How to make Gluten-Free Chicken Pesto Wraps
- Step 1. Prep the chicken breast and season.
- Step 2. Cook the chicken in a pan and slice.
- Step 3. Prepare the wraps by laying out a tortilla and layering pesto, arugula, and chicken.
- Step 4. Fold the tortillas into a wrap and cook in skillet until crisped on both sides.
Can you cook these in the air fryer?
Yes, they should also work in the air fryer! Simply place them wrapped side down and brush with oil. Air fry at 380 F for 5-6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
How do you reheat these wraps?
These wraps are actually still pretty good cold, but you can also reheat them in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 350 F, or on the stove.
Can you add extra ingredients?
Personally, I like the simplicity of these wraps since they come together so fast! However, if you want to add even more to them, here are some ideas…
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Balsamic glaze
- Sundried tomato
- 1/2 lb chicken breast
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 grain-free tortillas (I use almond flour tortillas, use cassava for AIP)
- 3 tbsp pesto (use this for AIP)
- 1/4 cup arugula
- Pound the chicken breast with a mallet to 1″ thick. Combine the seasonings in a bowl and coat the chicken on both sides with the herb blend.
- Using a large skillet, heat about 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and top with lemon juice. Slice the chicken into thin strips and set aside.
- Prepare the wraps by laying out a tortilla and adding 1 tbsp of pesto. Spread the pesto into an even layer and top with some arugula and a few strips of chicken. Repeat for all of the ingredients to make 3 wraps.
- Clean out the pan used for the chicken and heat the olive oil over medium heat. Fold the tortillas into a wrap and carefully place them in the pan, wrapped side down. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla is crisped and holds its shape. Very carefully flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate or to a Tupperware to serve later.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 6.6g