This peppermint mocktail is the perfect festive drink! It’s made with dairy-free milk, and cocoa powder, and has the perfect hint of peppermint!
If you love peppermint mochas, you’re going to love this peppermint mocktail! Rather than a fruity or bubbly mocktail, this mocktail is smooth and creamy. It’s meant to mimic an espresso martini. and it tastes just as yummy!
The Ingredients in the Peppermint Mocktail
- Dairy-free milk. I like using almond milk, but you can use oat or coconut milk to make it even creamier.
- Cocoa powder.
- Maple syrup. I find this to be the best sweetener for this particular drink.
- Espresso. Just make sure it’s not too hot so it doesn’t make the drink lukewarm. You want the drink to be chilled.
- Peppermint extract. This is something that you can adjust to taste!
How to make a Peppermint Mocktail
- Combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake and set aside!
- Prep the glasses. Coat the rim of the glasses with chocolate and crushed candy cane.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a frother if you don’t have a cocktail shaker. This is a quick hack to blend!
- Make the glasses ahead of time and chill them. This is a great time saver if you’re entertaining.
Can you make this ahead of time?
Yes, you can chill this in the fridge. The drink itself can separate a bit if it sits too long in the fridge depending on what kind of milk you’re using, so be sure to give it a mix before serving!
If you were to add alcohol, what would you use?
Kahlua or Baileys would be the perfect addition to this drink! That’s essentially the flavor this mocktail tries to mimic.
You’ll also like…Print
- 1 & 1/3 cup dairy-free milk (I use almond milk, you can also use coconut milk)
- 2 shots of espresso, chilled
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8–1/4 tsp peppermint extract (adjust to taste)
For the rim of the glass
- 1 tbsp dairy-free chocolate, melted
- 1 candy cane, crushed (I use this)
- Add the dairy-free milk, espresso, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and peppermint extract to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously until totally smooth. Set aside.
- Using a small plate, add the melted chocolate to half of the plate, and the candy cane to the other half. Prep the rims of the glasses by slowly turning the rim into chocolate to coat. Turn the chocolate-coated rim in the crushed candy cane to coat.
- Pour the mocktail into the prepped glasses and serve!
All nutritional information are estimates and will vary.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Drinks
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 4.8g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 2.2g
Keywords: peppermint mocktail