Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin and Vegetables
This slow cooker teriyaki pork tenderloin and vegetables is an easy and delicious meal or freezer meal if you’re short on time. It’s paleo, gluten-free, and AIP.
Pork tenderloin isn’t used quite as much as something like chicken is in many recipes, but it’s just as delicious! Pork tenderloin is delicious slow-cooked, and it tastes amazing with a variety of sauces.
This teriyaki pork tenderloin is slow-cooked with a teriyaki sauce and paired with vegetables for the perfect meal. It also makes an amazing dump & go crock pot freezer meal!
- Coconut aminos, coconut sugar, broth & seasonings. These are the main ingredients for the sauce.
- Sugar snap peas, broccoli, and carrots. These are the vegetables in the dish, though you could mix it up with something like cauliflower, asparagus, etc.
- Pork tenderloin.
How to make Teriyaki Tenderloin with Vegetables
- Prep the sauce and set it aside.
- Add to the slow cooker. Add the pork tenderloin to the base of the slow cooker, ensuring that all of the tenderloins is touching the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the vegetables to the empty spaces surrounding the tenderloin, or on top. Pour the sauce over the tenderloin and vegetables.
- Slow cook. Add the lid to the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, or low for 3 1/2- 4 hours, until the tenderloin reaches 145 F.
- Thicken the sauce.
How to make this a freezer meal
- Using a large freezer bag, add the vegetables to the bottom of the bag, along with the tenderloin.
- Whisk the ingredients for the sauce together and pour it over the tenderloin and vegetables.
- Freeze the bag flat for 2-3 months. Allow it to fully defrost before cooking.
Can you make this recipe in the instant pot instead?
If you were to make it in the instant pot, I’d sear the pork tenderloin first, Turn the instant pot on manual and set the timer to about 15 minutes. Though I haven’t tried this method with the vegetables and 15 minutes may overcook them, so adapting for the instant pot may take some tweaking.
What can you serve this recipe with?
Since this recipe is made with protein, vegetables, and a sauce, it’s a complete meal on it’s own! However, you can also add a side of rice or cauliflower rice.
You’ll also like…Print
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas (sub more broccoli for AIP)
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch (optional)
- Using a small bowl, whisk the coconut aminos, oil, broth and seasonings together and set aside.
- Add the pork tenderloin to the base of the slow cooker, ensuring that all of the tenderloins is touching the bottom of the slow cooker. Add the vegetables to the empty spaces surrounding the tenderloin, or on top. Pour the sauce over the tenderloin and vegetables.
- Add the lid to the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, or low for 3 1/2- 4 hours, until the tenderloin reaches 145 F.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, spoon out about 1/2 cup of liquid and whisk in the arrowroot starch. Return to slow cooker for 10 more minutes.
- Remove the tenderloin from the slow cooker and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing into medallions. Serve with a side of vegetables and rice or cauliflower rice if desired, and top with extra sauce.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: slow cooker
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 206
- Fat: 4.9g
- Carbohydrates: 14.7g
- Fiber: .7g
- Protein: 24.7g
Keywords: teriyaki tenderloin