Sweet Potato Casserole Bites (Paleo, AIP)
This post contains affiliate links.
These sweet potato casserole bites are the perfect easy appetizer or dessert for the holidays! They’re made with sweet potato, a marshmallow topping, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Sweet Potato Casserole Bites
Mashed potatoes and sweet potato casserole with marshmallows have always been one of my favorite holiday side dishes. When I changed my diet, it was hard to find marshmallows I could have. Since finding Sweet Apricity Marshmallows I haven’t looked back and now am able to always enjoy sweet potato casserole for the holidays! These sweet potato casserole bites are a fun spin on the traditional holiday dish. They are the perfect size for guests to take off a platter and have all the flavor of sweet potato casserole and marshmallows.
These sweet potato casserole bites are made with a few simple ingredients, and are AIP and paleo!
The Ingredients for Sweet Potato Casserole Bites
- Sweet Potatoes. The sweet potato slices form the base of these easy appetizer or dessert.
- Ghee and Coconut Sugar. Just a small amount of these ingredients brings out great flavor in the dish!
- Marshmallows. I use sweet apricity marshmallows for this recipe! They’re totally AIP, and melt beautifully.
- Cinnamon. To sprinkle on at the end!
How to make Sweet Potato Casserole Bites
- Slice sweet potatoes. Slice the sweet potato into thin 1/4″ slices and place on the baking sheet.
- Combine the ghee, salt and coconut sugar. Brush the sweet potato slices of both sides.
- Bake. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven.
- Add the marshmallows. While the sweet potato is still warm, carefully add the marshmallows on top. The hot sweet potato will lightly melt the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve as a sweet appetizer or dessert!
Can you use different marshmallows for this recipe?
The sweet apricity marshmallows are my favorite for this recipe. They’re delicious, convenient, and made with high-quality AIP ingredients. You can use other marshmallows if needed, but the marshmallows may melt differently than those seen here.
Can you make this recipe without the ghee?
You can also use butter if you tolerate it, or coconut oil to keep it AIP-friendly!
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
This recipe is definitely best fresh to make sure the marshmallow stays gooey and delicious!
You’ll also love…Print
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted (sub coconut oil for AIP)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 12–14 marshmallows (I use these for AIP and slice them in half)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potato into thin 1/4″ slices and place on the baking sheet.
- Combine the ghee, salt and coconut sugar and brush the sweet potato slices of both sides.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven.
- While the sweet potato is still warm, carefully add the marshmallows on top. The hot sweet potato will lightly melt the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve as a sweet appetizer or dessert.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 322
- Fat: 9.4g
- Carbohydrates: 59.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Protein: 2.5g
Keywords: sweet potato casserole bites