Bacon Date Whipped Cream Cheese Dip (Dairy Free)
This bacon date dip is the perfect appetizer for the holidays! It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and easy to throw together with minimal prep.
Appetizers are a must for the holidays in my book! They keep everyone happy while waiting for the main meal, and they’re fun to chat over and enjoy. But with all of the work involved in getting a full holiday meal on the table, the last thing I want to do is prep an elaborate appetizer. I love bacon-wrapped dates, but they can be a bit too much prep work. This dip is the perfect bacon-wrapped date-inspired appetizer for way less effort! Serve it with your favorite crackers for an easy and yummy dip.
Why you’ll love Bacon Date Whipped Cream Cheese Dip
- A fun appetizer for the holiday season. This is a festive, delicious app to serve this holiday season!
- Simple appetizer that seems much fancier than the effort. This is much easier to make than bacon wrapped dates, but deliveries the flavor!
The Ingredients for Bacon Date Whipped Cream Cheese Dip
- Medjool Dates.
- Bacon. I like the brand Applegate for bacon.
- Honey. I can’t tolerate it, but I think hot honey would be delicious in this recipe as well.
- Balsamic Vinegar.
- Fresh Rosemary and Thyme.
- Dairy-free cream cheese. I use this for dairy-free cream cheese.
- Dairy-Free Ricotta. I use this for dairy-free ricotta.
How to make Bacon Date Whipped Cream Cheese Dip
- Step One. Roast the dates and bacon with honey, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and thyme.
- Step Two. Combine the dairy-free cream cheese and ricotta and whip.
- Step Three. Top the whipped cream cheese with the cooked bacon and dates and drizzle with toppings. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
- Watch the cook time! You want the bacon to be crisp, but not burn the dates. The cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon, and the size of the dates.
- Add extra spice. I’m nightshade free so I always keep things low spice, but hot honey would be a perfect addition to this recipe.
What do you serve this dip with?
This dip is best served with crackers, like simple mills gluten free crackers. If you have a crusty bread you love, that would also be a great option for this recipe.
You’ll also like…Print
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the dates and bacon to the baking sheet and top with a teaspoon of honey, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, and a teaspoon of thyme. Toss to coat and transfer to the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon, so keep an eye on the oven. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Combine the dairy-free cream cheese and ricotta either in a food processor or in a bowl and whip until fully combined.
- Top the whipped cream cheese with the cooked bacon and dates. Drizzle with an extra teaspoon of honey and top with extra thyme. Serve fresh with crackers of your choice.
Adapted from NY Times.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 11.8g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4.5g