Paleo Shamrock Shake Smoothie (AIP, Dairy Free)
This paleo shamrock shake smoothie is a lighter take on a classic. It’s made with frozen peaches, spinach, mint, and dairy-free milk.
It’s not St. Patrick’s Day without a Shamrock Shake! This shake from McDonald’s is made with ice cream, syrup and green food coloring for a strikingly green and minty shake. It’s not exactly dairy-free, so why not change that?
This smoothie is AIP, totally dairy-free, and so tasty! It’s creamy, just the right amount of minty, and made with fresh ingredients.
The Ingredients You’ll Need For the Shamrock Shake Smoothie
- Frozen Banana. This makes the smoothie super creamy and adds lots of natural sweetener. You’ll only need half of a frozen banana.
- Frozen Peaches. These help balance the banana flavor and add more sweetness.
- Mint. Fresh mint is key!
- Honey. This is an optional ingredient if you want to add more sweetener to your smoothie.
- Coconut Milk. You can use any dairy-free milk for this recipe!
- Whipped Coconut Cream and Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips. Totally optional, but great to top the shake!
How to make a Shamrock Shake
- Blend the smoothie ingredients (reserving the honey) until smooth. After blended, taste and add honey if more sweetener is desired.
- Serve, top, and enjoy! Pour the shake into one large cup (or two smaller cups) and top with whipped coconut cream and chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
Can you make this recipe without the avocado?
Avocado adds some creaminess and color to the smoothie, but you can also use a dairy-free yogurt.
Can you make this recipe coconut free?
You can also use any dairy-free milk of your choice in this recipe! You can also omit the coconut cream on top of the smoothie.
You’ll also love…Print
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 small avocado
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Whipped coconut cream
- Dairy-free chocolate chips (sub carob chips for AIP)
- Using a high-speed blender, blend the smoothie ingredients (reserving the honey) until smooth. After blended, taste and add honey if more sweetener is desired.
- Pour the shake into one large cup (or two smaller cups) and top with whipped coconut cream and chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 712
- Fat: 64g
- Carbohydrates: 39.6g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Protein: 9.3g
This post was originally published in 2018 and was updated in 2022.