Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos
These slow-cooker ranch chicken tacos are seasoned with ranch powder and taco seasoning for the perfect flavorful shredded chicken! This version is dairy-free and easy to make a freezer meal.
There’s nothing quite as easy as a slow-cooker shredded chicken! It’s versatile, it cooks quickly, and it’s so easy to make. I’m always looking for new ways to jazz up shredded chicken, and these ranch chicken tacos are perfect to add to your rotation. They’re seasoned with ranch powder and taco seasoning for the perfect flavor kick, and they’re perfect for either tacos or bowls.
Why you’ll Love these Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos
- They are so easy! What’s easier than slow cooking chicken and making tacos?! Plus even easier to prep as a freezer meal!
- It’s a new spin on shredded chicken! Shredded chicken is always a staple recipe for meal prep or an easy dinner, but sometimes you want a new flavor and this recipe combines the ease of slow cooker shredded chicken with the deliciousness of ranch!
The Ingredients for the Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Breast.
- Ranch Powder and Taco Seasoning. These seasonings bring so much flavor to the tacos! I use this and this for AIP.
- Avocado Oil, Chicken Broth, and Lime.
- Tortillas. I use Siete for grain-free tortillas.
- Lettuce, Avocado, Sour Cream, and Fresh Cilantro. All optional, but delicious toppings for the tacos! Dairy-free sour cream or coconut yogurt works to keep it dairy-free.
How to make Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos
- Step One. Add the chicken breast to the slow cooker and season. Add the avocado oil, chicken broth and lime juice.
- Step Two. Cook in the slow cooker on low for 5-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Step Three. Shred the chicken and serve as desired.
How to turn ranch chicken tacos into a freezer meal
This recipe is part of my annual freezer meal week here on the blog! Here’s all you have to do…
- Add all of the ingredients for the chicken to a freezer bag.
- Freeze flat in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, transfer to the fridge and place it in a large container (like a casserole dish or a large bowl in case it leaks at all) to defrost.
- Once the meat is totally thawed, cook as directed. Serve as tacos.
A NOTE ABOUT FREEZER BAGS
I don’t like using single-serve plastic bags. It’s ideal to use a reusable silicone bag for this recipe! The reason that I use plastic for my photos is that the silicone bags are very hard to see through, and don’t lend themselves well to photography… but I do indeed advocate for using reusable as much as possible!
Tips & tricks
- Shred the chicken in a stand mixer. I like to also use a potato masher to shred the chicken with even less dishes.
- Mix up how you serve it! It doesn’t just have to be tacos…
How to serve the slow cooker ranch chicken
- Tacos. Use tortillas, avocado, and any other toppings you’d like!
- Bowls. Serve over a rice bowl with veggies and toppings of your choice.
- Salads. This chicken is great to add to a taco salad.
You’ll also like…Print
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tbsp ranch powder (use this for AIP)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning (sub this for AIP)
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Juice of one lime
For the tacos
- Grain-free tortillas (I use siete)
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream (sub-dairy-free sour cream or coconut yogurt)
- Fresh cilantro
- Add the chicken breast to the base of the slow cooker and season on all sides.
- Top with avocado oil, chicken broth and lime juice.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Shred the chicken and serve with additional lime juice and layer the tacos with lettuce, avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 522
- Fat: 19.7g
- Carbohydrates: 53.7g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 35g