Seasonal Healthy Recipes to Cook in October
These 20+ seasonal October recipes are healthy, wholesome, and comforting! They’re gluten-free and perfect for the fall!
October is a personal favorite month of my own, and for so many others! It’s the true start of fall, and the gateway to the holiday season. It’s cozy, chilly, and perfect for comfort food and enjoying fall favorite ingredients.
Fruits and Vegetables that are in Season in October
- Brussels Sprouts
- Sweet Potato
- Winter Squash
Here are some of our favorite Unbound Wellness recipes that highlight these wholesome ingredients…
Healthy Breakfasts to Cook in October
- Turkey Sweet Potato Breakfast Sausage. These Turkey breakfast sausages are naturally sweetened with sweet potato and dates!
- Paleo Pumpkin Waffles. These paleo and vegan pumpkin waffles are the perfect fall breakfast when you’re craving something sweet! They’re made with grain-free flour and are egg free.
- Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal. This chocolate banana-baked oatmeal is a warming and comforting breakfast for meal prepping!
Healthy & Easy Main Dishes to Cook in October
- Firecracker Ground Chicken Bowls. These warming bowls made with a firecracker sauce, ground chicken, broccoli, and rice (or cauliflower rice).
- Lemon Chicken Pasta. This pasta is delightfully creamy but totally dairy free.
- Apple Chicken Sausage Skillet. An super easy one-pan meal with apple, sausage, and veggies.
- Stuffed Delicata Squash. This stuffed delicata squash is a simple and delicious dinner for fall! It’s made with delicata squash, ground turkey, apples, kale and fresh seasonal herbs.
- One Pot Chicken and Rice. This one-pot chicken and rice is an incredibly easy meal and wholesome weeknight meal!
Side Dishes to Cook in October
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash. This is one of the easiest ways to cook butternut squash.
- Butternut Squash Tots. These tots are a fun side for October!
- Grain Free Cornbread Muffins. These muffins taste like cornbread but are totally grain free!
- Brussels Sprouts Gratin. A veggie-packed take on a fall classic!
Comfort Food Recipes to Cook in October
- Pasta Fagioli Soup. This Pasta Fagioli soup is a classic that’s packed with veggies.
- Conchitas Con Carne. This Conchitas con Carne is a take on traditional Mexican ground beef and shell pasta, made with flavorful and wholesome ingredients.
- Albondigas Soup. This Albondigas soup is a take on a traditional Mexican Meatball soup. It’s packed with veggies, it’s gluten-free and this version includes nightshade-free options.
- Creamy Coconut Curry Ramen. This creamy coconut curry ramen is a nourishing and comforting dinner.
- Bacon Cheeseburger No-Boil Pasta Bake. An easy and delicious one no-boil pasta bake!
Dessert & Drink Recipes to Cook in October
- Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet. A decadent and warming fall dessert.
- Ginger Pear Mocktail. The perfect easy mocktail for fall!
- Pumpkin Pie Dip. This pumpkin pie dip is the perfect holiday dessert if you’re short on time!
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins. These paleo pumpkin muffins are an easy and delicious treat for fall!
- Salted Caramel Pumpkin Blondies. These paleo salted caramel pumpkin blondies are the ultimate fall treat when you’re craving something decadent! They’re gluten-free, vegan, and paleo.