Cucumber Gazpacho (Nightshade-free, AIP)
This cucumber gazpacho is a light and refreshing cold soup for the spring or summer. It’s made with cucumber, yogurt, and is nightshade-free and AIP.
What is cucumber gazpacho?
Gazpacho is a raw, cold soup that’s traditionally made with fresh vegetables like tomato, bell pepper, jalapeno, etc. It’s made to be eaten chilled, essentially like an appetizer or side. This version is a cucumber gazpacho that’s made with zero nightshade vegetables! It’s made with cucumber, fresh herbs, and coconut yogurt for a creamy and refreshing summer soup.
The Ingredients for cucumber gazpacho
- Cucumber. Leave it unpeeled!
- Coconut Yogurt. This gives the soup a great creaminess!
- Cilantro, Green Onion, and Garlic.
- Olive Oil.
- Lime Juice.
- Mint Leaves and Microgreens. The perfect garnishes!
How to make Cucumber Gazpacho
- Step one. Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until totally smooth and no large chunks of cucumber remain.
- Step two. Transfer to the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Step three. Pour the gazpacho into two small bowls and top with mint and microgreens. Serve chilled.
Tips & Tricks
- Leave enough time to chill! You want to make sure this soup is cold, so make sure you make it ahead of time.
- Add more toppings if desired. Additional yogurt, olive oil, or even diced avocado would all be great additional toppings for this recipe.
Can you use a food processor instead of a blender?
A blender is definitely best to make this recipe, as it will give it that smooth consistency.
What do you serve this recipe with?
This is made to be a side or appetizer like a salad. It pairs great with a main dish like salmon, shrimp, or a chicken burger like these avocado spinach chicken burgers.
What can you use other than yogurt?
If you don’t have any coconut yogurt on hand, you can also use avocado for that touch of creaminess!
- 16 oz cucumber unpeeled
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 3 tbsp cilantro
- 2 springs of green onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3–4 mint leaves
- 2 tbsp microgreens
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until totally smooth and no large chunks of cucumber remain.
- Transfer to the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes or more.
- Pour the gazpacho into two small bowls and top with mint and microgreens. Serve chilled.
Be sure to leave enough time for this soup to chill!
Add additional garnishes like more yogurt, or chopped avocado if desired.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Sides
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Global
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 92
- Fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
- Fiber: .6g
- Protein: .2g
Keywords: cucumber gazpacho