Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken & Vegetables
This Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken & Vegetables is the perfect one-pan meal! It’s nutrient-dense, easy to make, and is made with an optional creamy sauce.
There’s nothing like a meal that’s easy, healthy, and actually tastes good, and this sheet pan Mediterranean chicken and vegetables hits all of the marks! The prep couldn’t be easier, and the cooking process is all done in the oven for an easy and low maintenance meal. Make sure to hang onto this one to keep making on repeat!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It’s so easy!! It’s a one pan meal that is so delicious! Assemble it, pop it in the oven and dinner is served!
- It’s healthy and wholesome. No refined sugar, and lots of veggies and protein… how can you go wrong?!
The Ingredients for the Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken & Vegetables
- Chicken Thighs. You can use chicken breasts if you prefer, but keep in mind the cooking time will decrease and could effect the vegetables.
- Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, Red Onion, and Green Olives. You can totally mix up the veggies in this recipe! I probably would’ve gone for potatoes for more of an authentic Mediterranean dish, but as I don’t tolerate nightshades, I went with sweet potato instead.
- Olive Oil and Lemon.
- Dried Parsley, Dried Dill, Dried Oregano, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, and Pepper. These spices really bring the Mediterranean flavor!
- Parsley. I love the flavor of fresh chopped parsley mixed in after cooking.
- Coconut Yogurt and Goat Yogurt. These are key ingredients in the optional creamy sauce. You can omit the goat cheese for dairy-free or AIP meal.
How to make Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken
- Step One. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and dry seasonings. Set aside.
- Step Two. Spread the vegetables on the sheet pan and add the chicken. Pour the olive oil mixture over the sheet pan and toss to coat.
- Step Three. Bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing the vegetables halfway through.
- Step Four. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before tossing with green olives and chopped parsley.
- Step Five. Make the optional sauce and drizzle over the chicken to serve.
Tips & Tricks
- Chop the veggies evenly. To make sure they cook at the same time, make sure they’re chopped in similar sizes. Keep in mind the sweet potato will take longer to cook, so those should be chopped smaller.
- Meal prep this dish. This dish is great for meal prep! Save it for the week and you have a healthy and nourishing option.
Storage and reheating instructions
- Store the chicken in a glass Tupperware in the fridge for 3 days.
- Reheat it in the oven if possible until warm.
Can you swap chicken thighs for chicken breast?
You can, but keep in mind that boneless chicken breast will not take as long to bake as bone-in chicken thighs, so the vegetables will be undercooked, or the chicken will be overcooked.
Can you switch up the vegetables?
Yes, this recipe is super versatile and easy to adapt with different veggies! Here are some ideas…
- Potatoes and/or bell peppers (if you tolerate nightshades)
What can you substitute for goat cheese in the sauce?
The sheet pan is also delicious without the sauce if you choose to forgo it. However, if you want a sauce without the goat cheese, you can either keep it a coconut yogurt-only topping or add another creamy element like tahini!
You’ll also like…
- Sheet Pan Citrus Glazed Chicken
- Italian-Style Mini Meatloaf & Vegetable Sheet Pan
- Sheet Pan Chicken Tenders & Veggies
For the sheet pan
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt and pepper (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Creamy sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 oz goat cheese (omit for dairy-free/AIP)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 415 F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and dry seasonings. Set aside.
- Using a large sheet pan, add the vegetables in an even layer. Add the chicken to the sheet pan and pat the thighs dry. Pour the olive oil mixture over the sheet pan and toss to coat. Add the lemon slices as well.
- Transfer to the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, tossing the vegetables halfway through. The chicken should be cooked through to 165 F and the vegetables should be tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before tossing with green olives and chopped parsley.
- To make the optional sauce, combine the ingredient in a container. Blend with an immersion blender until creamy. Drizzle over the chicken to serve.
All nutritional information are estimations and will vary. Estimations do not include optional ingredients.
- Method: Oven
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 394
- Fat: 21.3g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 33.3g