Easy No-Bake Energy Bites (Perfect for Nursing Moms)
These easy energy bites are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and perfect for nursing moms! They’re made with oats, flaxseeds, almond butter, and other nourishing ingredients.
Easy Energy Bites (or Lactation Bites!)
When I was in my early days of breastfeeding my son for what felt like 100 times a day, I was always hungry and needed a quick boost of energy fast. These energy bites were one of my favorites to stash in the freezer to grab and go, and I’m excited to finally share them on the blog.
Not only are they perfect for nursing moms and can easily be used as lactation bites, but they’re really perfect for anyone who needs energy on the go! They’re gluten-free and free of refined sugar.
The Ingredients Needed for Easy Energy Bites
- Gluten-free rolled oats. I always like to buy brands that are certified gluten-free so none accidentally sneaks in.
- Ground flaxseeds.
- Chia seeds.
- Hemp seeds.
- Collagen peptides. I love the Vital Proteins or Thrive Market brands. This is optional – sub protein powder of your choice.
- Almond butter. You can also sub another nut or seed butter.
- Maple syrup. Make sure this is grade A and 100% maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract. Alcohol-free is always the best option for this.
- Sea salt.
- Dairy-free chocolate chips. Enjoy Life is my favorite, but any dairy-free option will work!
How to make the Easy No-Bake Energy Bites
- Combine the mixture. Using a large bowl, combine the oats, flaxseeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and optional protein powder. Add the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Roll into balls. Prepare the plate with a sheet of parchment paper and use a spoon or a small cookie scoop to scoop out small scoops and roll them into balls. Set each protein bite on the plate. You’ll have about 11-12 energy bites.
- Set and store. Transfer to the fridge and allow to set and chill for about 20-30 minutes. Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
What makes these perfect for nursing moms specifically?
- No cooking required! Just mix them up in one bowl, roll them, and you’re good to go.
- They’re easy to eat with one hand. Very necessary when you’re holding a baby.
- They contain milk-boosting ingredients… like oats and flaxseeds!
So are they only for nursing moms then?
Absolutely not just for moms! They’re for anyone who needs a yummy energy boost on the go!
Can you freeze these? How long do they keep in the fridge?
They’re perfect for freezing! I actually think they taste better that way. You can easily freeze them for 1-2 months! This is a great little treat to prep for any new nursing moms in your life.
You’ll also like…
- Chocolate Collagen Protein Bites
- Cookie Dough Collagen Protein Bites
- Anti-Inflammatory Coconut Tumeric Bites
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp collagen peptides (optional, sub protein powder of your choice)
- 1/3 cup almond butter (sub another nut or seed butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Using a large bowl, combine the oats, flaxseeds, chia seeds, hempseeds and optional protein powder. Add the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir well to fully combine. The mixture should be sticky and easily form into balls.
- Prepare the plate with a sheet of parchment paper and use a spoon or a small cookie scoop to scoop out small scoops and roll them into balls. Set each protein bite on the plate. You’ll have about 11-12 protein bites.
- Serve immediately or transfer to the fridge and allow to set and chill for about 20-30 minutes. Serve fresh or store in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
All nutrition facts are estimated and will vary.
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Method: No-bake
- Serving Size: 1 item
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 5g