Strawberry Margarita Mocktail (Paleo, AIP)
Strawberry Margarita Mocktail
Margaritas are one of the most loved summer drinks, and for good reason — they’re delicious! They can be customized with so many different fruit options and be enjoyed with tequila or as a cocktail, like this one! I’ve gotten pretty used to virgin beverages, and always love a delicious beverage regardless! Margaritas are one of those drinks that have always piqued my interest, especially when the warmer weather comes around.
This strawberry margarita mocktail is the perfect drink to sip on Cinco De Mayo, or really any day to feel like you’ve got a fun cocktail without the alcohol!
Ingredients needed for Strawberry Margarita Mocktails
- Frozen strawberries. I don’t recommend using fresh strawberries for this or you won’t get the slushie effect that the frozen ones give.
- Lime wedges.
- Sea salt. I personally love a coarse kosher salt for these!
- Sparkling water. I am obsessed with Topo Chico. We almost never let ourselves run out of it. I used two bottles of Topo Chico for this recipe, but you can easily use other sparkling waters.
- Crushed ice.
- Orange juice. Make sure to check the label and make sure the ingredients are simply 100% orange juice!
- Fresh lime juice.
- Honey. I would recommend lighter-colored clover honey for this recipe as it lessens the distinct honey flavor. This is also optional if you’d prefer to go lower on the sugar.
- Fresh strawberries. Use these at the end to garnish your drinks!
- Optional – Tequila (not AIP) Obviously this is a mocktail, but if you can and want to have a shot of tequila in there, it will totally work! Patron Silver is actually made from agave and is grain-free alcohol, so it can be a safer choice if you’re looking to transition into trying some alcohol.
How to make Strawberry Margarita Mocktails
- Coat the rims of the glasses with salt. Prepare the margarita glasses by running the lime wedges across the rim and very lightly coating them with salt. Set aside.
- Blend together the drink ingredients. Using a blender, blend the frozen strawberries, sparkling water, crushed ice, orange and lime juice, and honey.
- Serve fresh in the glasses. Pour into the poured glasses, top with a halved fresh strawberry, and enjoy!
Tips and tricks for making a Strawberry Margarita Mocktail
Use fresh strawberries and slice and freeze them.
This will guarantee it’s really delicious! A lot of frozen fruits have additives like citric acid, so this ensures that it’s as fresh as possible. If you can’t find fresh strawberries and have a good source for frozen, that works too.
Make sure the water isn’t too fizzy.
You want to have the water sit for a couple of minutes to calm down the fizz before blending. If it’s too fizzy, it can build up extra pressure in the blender.
Can you make this mocktail ahead of time?
This mocktail is best fresh as you don’t want the sparkling water to go flat.
You’ll also like…Print
- 1–2 fresh lime wedges
- 1–2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4–5 fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Prepare the margarita glasses by running the lime wedges across the rim and very lightly coating them with salt. Set aside.
- Using a blender, blend the frozen strawberries, sparkling water, crushed ice, orange and lime juice, and honey. Blend until fully blended.
- Serve fresh in the glasses and enjoy!
All nutrition facts are estimates and will vary.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 12.1g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 0.9g